I found out about this Finish-A-Long (FAL) at Lucy’s Charm About You blog. Lucy is one of the hosts. I think it is a great motivation to commit to finish your unfinished project in each quarter of the year or at least to try to finish them. There is no punishment if something on my list is unfinished. All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw with gifts from great sponsors.
You can read all about this FAL and how to join it if you click on the pic below:
Quarter 1 was a success for me – I listed 4 projects and finished all of them before the end of March.
Bring on Quarter 2!
I am putting here a slightly bigger list this time, but not sure if I finish all of it. Let’s wait and see. I will do my best for sure 🙂
1. I am taking part in #maythe4thmqs2 Star Wars mini quilt swap. I revealed last night on Instagram that I am making FPP Rey. Because it’s a secret swap I can’t reveal many more about this mini. My partner must receive it from me before 4th May, so I better get on with this one.
One of the patterns was this fox:
I am planning to turn it in a big denim tote.
I already made a corduroy tote bag for myself with another of Jo’s patterns:
3. I tested an arrow for Jo as well that is called ‘One Chance’
It is not released yet but will be very soon. Keep checking Unicornharts craftsy
I want to turn it into a mini quilt that will be pointing at something in my flat… need to decide at what hehe. Maybe just UP!
Will be a nice and easy one evening sewing.
I wanted to make a reversible denim tote with the fox (see No2 above) because I used the same wonderful Alison Glass Sunprint for the two patterns.
But I think of making a big ish denim cosmetic bag with the diamond on one side. Diamond block is 10″x 10″.
5. I hope I can put the next project to the list… Early this week I ordered 7 prints from Amy Butler’s Gypsy Caravan Collection. It still hasn’t arrived… should be with me next week.
My 7 ordered prints:
I have this triangle ruler that I look forward to trying:
I want to make an easy but effective Equilateral Triangle Quilt of these fabrics with the help of the ruler. I’ve done HST’s before but not Equilateral Triangles – very itching to start!
6. My London MQG’s Liberty Improv Challenge Quilt is due in the beginning of July. It is called ‘Make Liberty Modern’
I have my 9 Liberty scraps given to me, roughly 4.5″x 6.5″ each:
It is allowed to add any other fabrics apart from Liberty to complete the quilt that has to be at least 24″x24″. Plus there has to be at least one piece of repurposed fabric.
I have my husband’s old shirt that he allowed to repurpose for the sake of happy improvisation and quilting 😀 I can’t see him wearing it anyway 😛
I haven’t really done Improv before, but I believe I don’t need a pattern or a proper plan here, but I have some ideas for maybe some easy curved piecing. I’ll just go with a flow and it will be fine, right? 🙂
We cannot use a ruler while making this quilt!
7. I loved making all 100 The Splendid Sampler blocks from Feb 2016 to Feb 2017. I learned so much! I tried FPP with The Splendid Sampler first! And now I am getting obsessed with FPP. I tried all new for me techniques with The Splendid Sampler. I am so grateful for this precious 1 year long experience of block creating. Huge thanks to Pat Sloan, Jane Davidson and all blocks designers for wonderful learning journey!
But it’s not over yet! I must put all my darling blocks into a bed quilt. I might accomplish this in Quarter 2 or might move it to Quarter 3 in the end. No pressure here. But I think it should be on the list this time anyway.
My 100 blocks:
These are my 7 projects for Quarter 2! Would be great to finish them all! We shall see.