I found out about this Finish-A-Long (FAL) at Lucy’s Charm About You blog. Lucy is one of the hosts. I think it is a great motivation to commit to finish your unfinished project in each quarter of the year or at least to try to finish them. There is no punishment if something on my list is unfinished. All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw with gifts from great sponsors.
You can read all about this FAL and how to join it if you click on the pic below:
Quarter 1 was a success for me – I listed 4 projects and finished all of them before the end of March.
Quarter 2 was less successful – I finished only 2 projects as life happens 🙂
Anyway bring on Quarter 3!
I am repeating here what I didn’t finish in Quarter 2. I already started few new projects, but I won’t include them in in the list yet. Let’s see how it goes in this new quarter 🙂
1. I did some pattern testing in February and March for Jo @unicornharts. You can view more patterns and purchase them by clicking here.
One of the patterns was this fox:
I am planning to turn it in a big denim tote.
I already made a corduroy tote bag for myself with another of Jo’s patterns:
2. I tested an arrow for Jo as well that is called ‘One Chance’
It is not released yet but will be very soon. Keep checking Unicornharts craftsy
I want to turn it into a mini quilt that will be pointing at something in my flat… need to decide at what hehe. Maybe just UP!
Will be a nice and easy one evening sewing.
3. I was also testing an Electric Diamond pattern by Sariella. This Electric Diamond is also Libs Elliott‘s logo. Didn’t get on their website, but here it is:
I wanted to make a reversible denim tote with the fox (see No2 above) because I used the same wonderful Alison Glass Sunprint for the two patterns.
But I think of making a big ish denim cosmetic bag with the diamond on one side. Diamond block is 10″x 10″.
4. My London MQG’s Liberty Improv Challenge Quilt was due at the beginning of July. But I still can complete it later, there is no pressure :).
It is called ‘Make Liberty Modern’.
I have my 9 Liberty scraps given to me, roughly 4.5″x 6.5″ each:
It is allowed to add any other fabrics apart from Liberty to complete the quilt that has to be at least 24″x 24″. Plus there has to be at least one piece of repurposed fabric.
I have my husband’s old shirts that he allowed to repurpose for the sake of happy improvisation and quilting.
I haven’t really done Improv before, but I believe I don’t need a pattern or a proper plan here, but I have some ideas for maybe some easy curved piecing. I’ll just go with the flow and it will be fine, right? 🙂
We cannot use a ruler while making this quilt!
5. I loved making all 100 The Splendid Sampler blocks from Feb 2016 to Feb 2017. I learned so much! I tried FPP with The Splendid Sampler first! And now I am obsessed with FPP. I tried all new for me techniques with The Splendid Sampler. I am so grateful for this precious 1 year long experience of block creating. Huge thanks to Pat Sloan, Jane Davidson and all blocks designers for wonderful learning journey!
But it’s not over yet! I must put all my darling blocks into a bed quilt. I might accomplish this in Quarter 3 or might move it to Quarter 4 in the end. No pressure here. But I think it should be on the list anyway. I miss these blocks and I want to play with them again.
My 100 blocks:
These are my 5 projects for Quarter 3, I hope to finish some of them.